"Ha Ha, you will actually have to run on your record..."
Course it nausiates me to see that these Republican shitheads are using the very same arguements pro-same sexed marriage people are. "It'll be a long road. We won't sit and cry about it. We'll just keep bringing it up!"
"The Massachusetts Legislature rejected a proposed change to the state constitution Wednesday aimed at banning gay marriage, a striking reversal that preserves the state's status as the only place in the nation where same-sex couples can wed. ADVERTISEMENT
A year after Massachusetts politicians appeared destined to undo a court order that has allowed thousands of same-sex couples to marry since May 17, 2004, the Legislature voted 157-39 against the proposed constitutional amendment."
I still feel a bit uneasy though. Thanks to the rest of the article.
Nice to see that! It's also good to see that actual marriage is being faught for rather than just civil unions(I don't know what to make of civil unions).
I haven't done this in a looong time, but Fun with referals:
"Gayle Madwin" Quite a few "Meanings of Nibelung Valesti" (must be from Valkyrie Profile). "Karolyn Hicks" "Lori Buckwalter" "Sad Genocide" "US government + Arab Speakers" "Gays fuck" "Terry Weiner" (Tell me that's a porn star name! Please!) "Luke Dudek" "Crimes Against Transgendered People" "Punish Queers" "Same Sexed Marriage"
1. Homosexuality is not natural, much like eyeglasses, polyester, and birth control.
2. Heterosexual marriages are valid becasue they produce children. Infertile couples and old people can't legally get married because the world needs more children.
3. Obviously, gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.
4. Straight marriage will be less meaningful if Gay marriage is allowed, since Britney Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage was meaningful.
5. Heterosexual marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are property, blacks can't marry whites, and divorce is illegal.
6. Gay marriage should be decided by people, not the courts, because the majority-elected legislatures, not courts, have historically protected the rights of the minorities.
7. Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire counrty. That's why we have only one religion in America.
8. Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.
9. Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.
10. Children can never suceed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why single parents are forbidden to raise children.
11. Gay marriage will change the foundation of society. Heterosexual marriage has been around for a long time, and we could never adapt to new social norms because we haven't adapted to things like cars or longer lifespans.
12. Civil unions, providing most of the same benefits as marriage with a different name are better, because a "separate but equal" institution is always constitutional. Separate schools for African-Americans worked just as well as separate marriages for gays and lesbians will.